Monday, October 17, 2011

Addicted to Reiki Attunements

Some people have a tendency to become addicted to Reiki attunements and I've come across more than several of them in just the past two months. These individuals think if they can get the next level attunement, their life will improve, they will become a more effective practitioner, they'll be better able to address certain conditions, etc. I know fist hand how this is because I used to be addicted to attunements, myself.

When I first got involved with Reiki I felt a need to become attuned to the highest levels of every style I could manage. I thought that the next attunement would make my Reiki more powerful and effective and this lead me on a never ending chase for the next attunement. After receiving 7 attunements to various types of Reiki, I still wasn't satisfied. It was at this point that I realized I had become addicted to attunements and I was looking to them to make me a more effective practitioner...but it wasn't working.

With some inward reflection, I saw that it wasn't more attunements that would make me a better practitioner; it was, instead, clearing away my limiting beliefs, negative thoughts and emotional blocks that would enable me to have clearer access to the Reiki energy. Now, I know that many manuals teach that this is precisely what an attunement does for us and I don't dispute that but after so many attunements over a period of a littler over a year, I still wasn't seeing the changes I was seeking. Therefore, I took it upon myself to actively work with these issues.

I wrote down all the limiting beliefs I knew I had, all the emotional hurt from my past and my fears for the present and future and began working with them. After a couple of months of clearing away these limitations, I found I was better able to help myself, my family and my clients. Finally, I was seeing the results I had wanted for so long. Then probably the most important revelation came...if I had just fully used the Usui Reiki and applied it to the right areas of my life I wouldn't have needed all those other attunements. Though I don't regret the other attunements and I don't regret learning as much as I did, I do realize that it did not help me achieve my ultimate goal. This isn't to say it's a bad idea to branch out and learn something more than what you were originally taught but my opinion is that if your goal is to become a better practitioner (and you've gone as far as you can in a certain style such as Usui), chasing attunements isn't the way to get there. Instead, go inside and find out what is blocking you in your life and use what you already have to help clear it away. Then, when the internal work is done, if you feel a desire to learn more you'll know your decision isn't based merely on an addiction to attunements.

Jason Hundley is an Usui and Karuna Ki Reiki Master Teacher with 3 years of experience practicing and 14 months teaching. To learn Reiki online from Jason, visit [http://www.onlinereikicourse.com]

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jason_Hundley

No comments:

Locations of Site Visitors